Employment Opportunities at WildCare
Summer Nature Camp Teacher’s Aide
WildCare offers Summer Nature Camp sessions from June 9th through
August 15th. Sessions run for
one week with a different topic each week geared towards various ages, 3
through 11. Most camp sessions have up
to 16 students. Summer Camp Teacher’s Aides will work five days per week
(Monday through Friday). Please note that a background check is required prior to employment.
The Summer Nature Camp Teacher’s Aide reports to
the Summer Nature Camp Teacher.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist Camp Teacher with conducting Nature Camp classes
- Assist Camp Teacher in supervising individual campers, small groups,
or the whole class as needed
- Will conduct Nature Camp classes in Camp Teacher’s absence.
- Prepare and organize materials as needed for projects in classes
- Assist with the supervision of teen volunteers
- Assist in keeping camp materials and camp room in good order
- Assist with the set up and clean up of the museum before and after
camp sessions at the end of the day
To be considered for an interview, applicants must meet all qualifications
listed below. The ideal candidate would be someone who is enthusiastic, and
enjoys working with children, who also has some knowledge of, and interest in
California natural history.
- High school diploma required. Some college work
- Must enjoy working with children and teaching
- Previous experience working with children
- Ability to perform work without direct supervision
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 25lbs
- Must feel comfortable standing for extended periods
- Must be able to hike up to 3 miles
Submit cover letter and resume by fax, mail or email. Position
is open until filled.
No phone calls please.
Juan-Carlos Solis, Director of Education
Albert Park Lane, San Rafael CA 94901